Monday, November 9, 2009

Let's not Pretend Barack Obama is a Real President


Warning . . . rant ahead . . .

Ha ha . . . ok, it's a joke . . . sort of . . .

I just thought it would be a funny thing to say . . . now that the White House Communications Directors seems to think she should be in the business of telling me where I should get my news, one of the first things that always happens in countries ruled by dictators.

Yeah, I'm laughing at Barack Obama. But I am not disrespecting the office of the President. Barack Obama heaped disrespect on the office of the President by allowing his Director of Communications, Anita Dunn, to blur the sacred separation between government and news that Americans have cherished for 200+ years.

That Anita Dunn has not apologized to the American people for sticking her nose in matters where it doesn't belong, tells me her boss, ostensibly our President, has no repect for that separation.

This is America. As far as I'm concerned if Anita Dunn wants to say about Fox News, "let’s not pretend they’re a news network . . .", it's ok with me . . . sort of . . .

But she needs to remember she's speaking for the White House, which means she's speaking for Barack Obama. And you know what? In America we don't have dictators, and we don't have royalty, and we don't have to let our Presidents or their Communications Director lackeys to tell us who is a news network and who is not.

At least I can see the Fox News broadcast license and articles of incorporation if I want to, unlike Obama's birth certificate. So who's really pretending?

Maybe Communication Directors who live in glass White Houses shouldn't throw stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment