Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mary Landrieu Should Have Worn Red

30 pieces of silver or $100 million. What's the difference? When you are for sale, you are for sale.

For the relatively small price of $100 million today, Mary Landrieu sold her health care vote to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

It reminded me of a story about author George Bernard Shaw at a party:

One evening Shaw was at a party where he met an attractive young debutant who clearly had a very high opinion of herself.

Looking the young lady directly in the eyes, Shaw asked, "Will you sleep with me if I give you a million pouinds?"

The young lady flushed, surprised, but answered immediately, "Yes, Mr. Shaw, I would."

Shaw gets himself another drink, and again looks the woman directly in the eyes.

"Would you sleep with me for five pounds," he asked.

"Of course not," she answered. "What sort of lady do you think I am?"

"Madam," replied Shaw, "we have already decided what sort of lady you are. We're simply hagging over price."

Mary Landrieu put her political principles up for sale today. She should have worn red.

No comments:

Post a Comment